Wednesday, February 22, 2012

All Around Minnesota quilt

After making the Orca Bay quilt, I needed something a little less complicated. Borrowed this pattern for my cousin. Love the overall result but this was still a challenging design. I finally said..."Better done than perfect" on this quilt top. I couldn't get the middle "triangle " pieces to match up. That part should have been one of the easier steps?? Took several of them apart..several times. And then when I thought all was as good as it was going to be, I started laying the design out. Only to find out that 1/2 of each of the 12 blocks had to be re-done.Lesson learned, read the "tips" every time! The floral print I've had for many years. Glad to finally make something with it.


Yesterday afternoon I made this cute fabric basket for my Wyoming sister. She's looking for hostess gifts as she makes her way East this summer. I thought I'd make her this sample basket. Also had this wildlife print for many years. Really trying to sew down my stash. I don't know what I was thinking to make with this fabric but I have abt 3 yrds of it. Better make a few more baskets....
LOL







3 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh my, you have been busy! The quilt is lovely! I think I recall when you bought that floral fabric, wasn't I with you in Mt. Holly? It may not be perfect, but it looks perfect to me!
The little basket is cute, great sewing down of a stash idea! Do you notice a difference in the height of your stash? Probably not. LOL

Michelle said...

Great job on that quilt...love green and purple together.

busylizzy said...

I loke the quilt, Barb. It looks watercolor-ish from the photo. I know what you mean about the stash. Good job using "some" of it up. I love those little baskets. I made one at a retreat and really enjoyed it. I should make a few more too and make a small dent in my fabric stash.