Monday, April 27, 2009

my first tote !




For all you Tote makers out there...I finally got the courage to make one. I bought this pattern a year ago. Bought the fabric at the same time. It was at a quilt festival in Burlington NJ. The vendor assured me that the pattern was easy. I'd read the instructions and for some reason, couldn't bring myself to start it. My friend Beth had bought a similar pattern, but made from a charm pack, the same day. Her larger tote was made many months ago. Well, I really like the way this turned out. I think I'll even make a couple more :) Guess I'm over my phoebia.
p.s. the first picture is the inside of the tote. Got a call from Pinelands Barb this morning. She said I had to show the inside too :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! I love the way the leaves and stems of the star block on the upper left and bottom right
corners sort of "run" into each other. You didn't show the inside, Barb, how about another pic?

Conni said...

What a sweet tote! Congrats on your first one!! Aren't they contagious, though!

Pat said...

EXCELLENT.....I love it! And it wasn't as hard as you thought...was it? :)

Karen said...

Great tote! I love the way you used the striped fabric...and the star block. I love making totes...we can't have too many, can we?

Barb said...

that is cute, what a great job!