Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday's are stampin' days

Wednesday's, a small group( 5-6 of us) of friends & family, get together to stamp. We've been doing this for abt 15yrs. My how time flies! We all usually do our own creations. Often we'll copy a good idea from each other. Sometime, I'll have a "make & take" ready for the girls.Today we all did our own cards. Here are a few of the cards I made today. The first one is from Hero Arts clear mounted stamps. I stamped the flower & leaves on printed paper. Then used watercolor pencils to highlight. Last, I used Citrus Crush flower soft in the center of the flower. I saw this idea in the Cricut magazine. The bird is from Create a Critter cartridge.I didn't have music paper & couldn't find any at JoAnn or AC Moore so I made my own. I found an old music lesson book . Tore a page out & then antiqued it with a tea bag.







This last card makes me smile! The penguins are from a stamp(Art Impressions) . The stamp has 5 penguins & a surf board. I colored & cut out these three & put them on printed paper. "Surf's Up" is from Art Impressions also . I put a glaze on the red inner tube,the goggles & the sunglasses for dimension.





3 comments:

Barbara said...

More pretty cards to add to your collection! I love the realistic look of the flower center.

Karen said...

Love the pretty cards...especially the little bird with the page of music. Hand-made cards are such a joy to make and receive. I've been to a few Stampin' Up workshops and enjoyed them so much. Can't wait to get back to them.

busylizzy said...

Such cute cards, Barb. Really like your idea about the sheet music. We don't know how creative we can be until we have to be. :o)