Monday, June 27, 2011

A little rocking chair project.

Well, I finally did it. I trash picked! My first ever :) Driving by,I saw this rocker( in white at the time) on a trash pile. I stopped, looked it over & decided it was worth putting in the back of my car. My husband did a little sanding just to get off the loose paint. Then he came out with this green spray can & went to work. I went to Joann's & bought some inexpensive craft foam( $3.50 with a 40% off coupon) & made the pad . Some might recognize the print. I still have a good amount left from the curtains & quilt I made for our grandson. The rocker is sitting on our back porch waiting for our little Jax .


4 comments:

Barbara said...

So cute! I can see Jax sitting in this chair and rocking away.

Michelle said...

Very nice find! You and your hubby did a great job with the refinishing too!

busylizzy said...

Gasp!!! You trash picked? LOL You know what they say, "One man's trash..." It's an adorable little rocker and I'm sure it'll get some rockin' mileage as soon as your little grandson sees it. Good job!

Karen said...

What a wonderful little rocker and pad. Your grandson will love it!!
Nothing is better than finding a freebie and making it your own!