Sunday, January 24, 2010

Easy Placemats/weekend project


I "googled" placemat patterns and found this one. A split rail pattern. It sewed up very quickly. I got all four done this weekend. Now I'm hand-quilting them. I have 1 1/2 finished. The fabric was bought as a 4- pack of fat quarters. The placemats are for an April birthday present. Yeah! Done early! I also saw some dishes in a little store near the shore. They go nicely with the theme of eating crabs. Personally, I'm not crazy about crabs unless they are in crab cakes or soup.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these fabrics! Very, very cute place mats!

Conni said...

How fun!! And your hand quilting looks wonderful...nice even stitches!

Pat said...

What a great gift. It is nice to have things done in advance, too....a very good feeling.