Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Christmas Stocking Sample finally done


Well, I told myself I couldn't start anything new until this Christmas stocking was finished. Tonight this was accomplished. I'll wrap it up & pack it away 'til next Christmas. I'm too late for this Christmas but I'd like to think I'm early for next year :)
I noticed ,when looking at the picture, that I need to round out the "toe"area a little .I'll pull at the seam a little more & steam it . The cross-stitch was done years ago so I'll put this year's date as the completion date on the inside lining. The back of the stocking is made from a burgandy velvet .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is lovely! Being early for next Christmas is definitely the way to think about it. I didn't know you were trying to finish this before starting something new. Now I guess I'll see your sewing room light on again!

Pat said...

I LOVE your stocking. You did a great job with it...and I'm glad you did finish it...aren't you?