Wednesday, December 30, 2009

After Christmas...before New Years...misc posting




I've only bought one piece of"on sale after-Christmas" fabric from JoAnn's . Thought the Cars theme will make a cute pillow case for next year's Christmas for my grandson.
The other picture is of my memory quilt I made a few yers ago. It's all left over pieces that I saved after I'd make something for the kids.It doesn't represent all the clothing I made for them of course . It's mostly girls clothing but I did make a few things for my son & put them into the quilt. My 2 girls also have their own memory quilts that I made especially for them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, my tree is still up and you are already thinking about a gift for next year! Pillow cases are so popular, and I think they are quick and easy to make. The memory quilt is charming, and you are the one that got me making them for my kids too!

Pat said...

Love the cars fabric. Somewhere in this house, I have a box with some squares from things I sewed for my girls when they were little. I should dig it out and make something with them. Happy 2010 to you and your family!

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

I saw your comment on Pat's blog, had to stop over because your blog name is so cute! We have been blessed with the last name Smith, and being one of the most common names in the U.S. I always sign our mail "the other Smith's"! Lol* So funny! :)

Robin said...

Great job on the memory quilt! I love the different textures from all the clothing used in it! Happy New Years!

Karen said...

Happy New Year, Barb! Love the memory quilt. I'm inspired to make one for each of my girls this year!
What cute pillowcase fabric. Looks like you already have plans for 2010 sewing.