Saturday, December 6, 2008


This quilt I made for my son for his 26th BD in August. It's from a National Park quilt pattern. "Pineland Patches" Barb had her version of the quilt hanging in her diningroom. I thought I'd like to try it. I got my stash out and with Barb's help(she had saved the instructions but they weren't the easiest the understand ) I got it done to give him. I don't think you can see it in the picture, but the picture fabric,( the mountains, deer & the ducks) I hand quilted around each individual tree & mountain, deer & duck. He's a duck & deer hunter & likes to fish so I thought it was a perfect pattern for him. As you can see, he was all smiles :) He's a great son !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Other Barb did this quilt proud! It's amazing how different a quilt can look when made with different fabrics. Stash's are never all the same!

Pat said...

VERY nice, Barb!!! This is perfect for someone with the kind of interests your son has!