Wednesday, November 26, 2008



This picture say" friendship" to me. The quilt is an adaptation from Judy Martin's "Fall Foliage Spectacular" quilt in her Cookies 'n' Cream book. My friend, Beth & I went to a quilt show at Kirby's Mill in Medford,NJ several years ago . We saw the quilt done in the Fall fabrics. We loved it! The quilter had put the name of the book & where she bought it . So that very same day, Beth & I went & got the book & fabric. We decided to change the fabric a bit, making it look like flowers. It became quite the project. You should have seen us picking out all the different color fabrics. At the time, we didn't have much of a stash. We spent many Thursday evenings working on the quilts. She made one & I made one too. Her's is in the hand quilting stage. One of these days, I'll have a picture of them both side by side. Because of her husband's job, Beth will probably move away someday. But we will always have these special quilts that we did together to remind us of each other and our friendship. We've done other smaller projects too. Table runners mostly.

2 comments:

Conni said...

What a beautiful quilt!

Anonymous said...

Seeing this photo makes me want warm weather to sit and rock in the sun once again. I guess that may have to wait until spring. There will surely be more pretty quilts draped over the rocker by then.