Sunday, January 16, 2011

Slow,Steady & Obsessed

I finished part 4 of the mystery quilt . Now I'm onto the infamous part 5 with the 600 units. Shown here are 62 of the 600. Doing them in a black/neutral instead of red/neutral as shown in the instructions. My "pink" is red so I couldn't use a red here. I'm on my way & yes, I'm obsessed with getting these done. A couple of years ago I bought the Fons & Porter Half/Quarter ruler but never knew how to use it.Just looked like something I HAD to have :) With the good 'ole internet, I figured it out so I didn't have to buy the Easy Angle ruler or use math to figure out how to cut these units . Sure does make these 1/2 square triangle units go much quicker. I'm counting & recording the count as I go so I don't have to count 600 all at once. Haven't counted that high for awhile :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw your light last night and knew there would be a new post today. I know you will finish this quilt, and I can't wait to see it!

Michelle said...

Way to go...just keep with it!!