Thursday, November 11, 2010

in a sewing room slump....



I haven't been in my sewing room lately. Must be in a slump. That doesn't mean that I haven't kept my hands busy though. I picked up this cross-stitch that I started last winter. This will probably be the last piece I do on linen. My eyes get blurry after a while, even with reading glasses & good lighting. I will still do cross-stitch but on 18ct. Hopefully I can get this piece done this winter.

I had a $10 coupon for AC Moore & the Cricut cartridges were on sale so.... I bought the Country Life cartridge . Just playing around with it. I used stamps from Darcies to make the cupcakes & party hat. Not totally happy with the little patch of green for the grass but it works.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the green patch and hat add a lot to this piece. Knowing you, the sewing room slump won't last long. I'm having one too. :(