Wednesday, February 10, 2010

from the book...24 Blocks you Never Dreamed You Could Paper Piece




I finally started a new project. Bought this book in Oct 2007.It's about time I used it don't you think ? It's ONLY 24 blocks! I wanted to start with the # 1 block but since I haven't paper pieces since my Civil War quilt, I thought I'd start with an easy block( # 5)The Fly Foot. The # 1 block(The Country Husband) is full of curved pieces! I'll do that one a little later. The palm leaves block( # 8) was a challenge, but it's done. Not perfect but done ! Only 22 blocks to go...

p.s. finished the "Desert Rose" (#2) block today. It took me several hours to do this one.It also has a couple of flaws( didn't come together the best in a few places & I made the decision not to try to fix it.) Of course, if I look at it long enough on my design board & it bothers me, it will be fixed.

5 comments:

Robin said...

blocks look great Barb!! I love paper piecing!

Pat said...

Those blocks look TERRIFIC!!! Paper piecing is such fun......because the precision is there at the end! Please keep showing them as you do them, okay? (also...less calories in paper piecing than baking...so better activity choice during a blizzard...LOL)

Anonymous said...

These are so neat and look great to me! Good decision not to try and fix anything. Onto the next one...

Conni said...

Gorgeous blocks!! And I'm a huge fan of paper piecing!! Love it!!

Gene Black said...

Those are terrific. I would have the patience to do the Fly Foot block but I doubt I would manage the others without getting bored/frustrated at the number of pieces.