Sunday, July 12, 2009

Civil War Love Letter quilt


It's finished ! Back when I started blogging, I posted a pic of this on my bed . I was in the process of the hand quilting. Didn't have the binding on either. It's now totally completed.I started this on Aug 8 of 2007. Each block( 121 of then to be exact) is individually hand quilted. My husb asked if don't want to just display it so it doesn't get dirty .I don't have a wall large enough to display( same problem with the All Roads quilt) & I told him that this is a quilt to be used. Its an" it's ok to sit on my quilt" quilt. Too much work has gone into this to just have it folded up somewhere. I do have to admit, it was hard to sit on it at first :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Now, I have seen this in person across the street at Barb's house many times, in progress and almost done. But, there's something really impressive about seeing it hanging like this. It's beautiful! Makes me feel like a slacker for ignoring my Dear Jane quilt.

Pat said...

I second that WOW.....this is VERY impressive! I, too, feel like a slacker...an even bigger one than Barb as I've never even started a Dear Jane quilt!!!

Conni said...

What a huge undertaking!! So many blocks, and then to hand quilt it!! It's lovely, and I'm glad it will be used! This one should not be hidden away!

fabricartist21 said...

You are very ambitious to hand quilt one so big. I'll bet it is beautiful. Thanks for joining my blog and you are in the pot.