Thursday, February 5, 2009

All Roads Lead to the Sea / section 7


section 7 is completed! I agonized over fabric combinations on the section. But I'm happy with the results. I had trouble with the light colored eves. The final eve is actually appliqued on. I just couldn't bring myself to tear out all that I would have had to do to change the color. The first eve fabric was a different shade of beige( more yellow in it) . Then I appliqued the eve with the same fabric as the roof. Liked that better but STILL wasn't sold....so I took off that fabric & I auditioned a couple more fabrics and ended up with what you see.

4 comments:

paront1222@comcast.net said...

OMG Barb, you did a great job on that block.....
I had to click on it and look at it larger just so I could see how great it is....
I started to cut # 8 tonight....I'll let you know when I have it sewn together...
Peggy

Karen said...

How lovely! So many pieces and I love the colors. I can' wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

It looks good here, but you should all see it in person. Being only across the street, I've had the chance to do that -- it's lovely!

Conni said...

Beautiful!